Sunday, June 17, 2012

I won't lie. I'm no daddy's girl..but every girl needs her dad.
Late August/ early September 2011 I received a phone call telling me that my dad had suffered from a heart attack and was going to have to have open heart surgery.. 5 bypasses.
after 2 weeks of hard praying my dad finally woke up from what he thought was a terrible dream.
2 weeks of sleepless nights for me.
2 weeks of not breathing on his own.
2 weeks that caused my dad to change forever.

I'm not going to say that he isn't the way he used to be.. because he has his days when he is MY dad..but other days he's just some man who calls me his daughter.. he's not the man I grew up knowing and loving..and learning how to be sarcastic with.
He gave me my sense of humor..my lack of being able to express my emotions until one little thing makes me explode..he gave me his nose.. and his eyebrows.. and his chicken legs.

I love him.. and I am so thankful that I could call him today and wish him a happy fathers day.

sorry for the emotional post..haha

No comments:

Post a Comment