Monday, June 17, 2013

Practice What You Preach..

Hi!

I'm just sitting here by our AGP (above ground pool) and decided to write to y'all!
I haven't had much time in between school, work, and traveling to go see D but I am here now!

And now story time by Anna:

I'm not too shy to tell you that my family has issues.

My parents are no longer together, and most of the time they can't stay on the phone more than 5 minutes without yelling.

Sometimes you fall out of love, and never fall back in, making someone's faults all that you can see. 

So, us kids live with my Ma, and see our dad from time to time. 

I always call my dad when I'm on the road or when no one else will understand.

Anyway-

Lately some people on my fathers side have been trying to "preach" to my little brother something they have NEVER practiced.

and it is getting to the point where it is violating what I preach.

I want everyone to be happy and to love each other, but you DO NOT threaten my family, even if you're family. 

I'm stuck in this situation with a bunch of hypocrites but at what point do I become one? 

I honestly want to pick up my phone and tell them never to contact me again unless it has something to do with my father..

but where did the peace and love go?

These people that I am supposed to call family are acting FAR FROM IT. Basically if I can't help them in anyway they see no need in getting to know me. 

I would do anything for my family without one complaint but it's hard to put a smile on your face with a bunch of people who do not care about you or your well-being.

I've been fighting with myself all weekend about to say when my phone rings again. Maybe I just need to decide if telling them to delete my number and never contact me again is making the peace or if I just bite my lip and look peaceful on the outside.

Families should not have to act this way, and I should not have to have these thoughts. Sadly I know that my family isn't the only one going through this.

This is where I have to praise my amazing boyfriend who has stayed up and let me cry till 4 am (which is 5 his time) and then made sure I was okay the next day. He has offered to drive to come see me just for a few hours, and he has let me sort my head out without saying a word but he knows it helps me that he is just listening.

Why that boy puts up with me, I don't think I'll ever know but I love him very much because of it.

Anyway- That's my life speed bump right now.. I'll let you know how it goes!

peace & love
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment